Effective September 29, 2019
Personal Information We Collect
When you use our Services, we automatically collect the following information about you (collectively referred to as “Personal Information”):
- Your name, title, company, address, phone number, email, and payment information
- Your username and password; and
- Your device information which includes, but is not limited to, information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
We collect Personal Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Service, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Service.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use your personal information in several ways:
- Store your product analysis and search history on the Service;
- Screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address);
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services; and
- To improve and optimize our Service (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Service, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Service. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Your Personal Information will also be shared with our payment processor Stripe. Fakespot follows Stripe’s policies regarding your payment information. These policies can be found at https://stripe.com/privacy. Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. You can opt out of targeted advertising here: Google - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Service’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you, or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to the United States.
When you use the Service, we will retain your Personal Information and use it as described above unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
You must be at least 13 years old to use the Service. The Service complies with the rules of the Children’s Online Privacy Protect Act (“COPPA”). COPPA applies to the online collection of personal information from children under 13. Accordingly, the Service does not permit anyone under the age of 13 to use the Service. In addition, the Service does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13. If the Service unknowingly collects personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as soon as possible. Please contact us at email@example.com with the subject “COPPA” if you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13.
Links to Other Websites